Through education this local NGO tries to improve situation of children in the more impoverished areas of Santiago. Their aim is to have the kids develop skills that will allow them to integrate effectively in the processes of development of their own community. English is a very important factor in this process and that is why the organization wishes that the children can learn from the volunteers´ experiences, knowledge and customs. Volunteers will be able to give their support teaching English, participating in conversational classes and developing projects in cooperation with the teachers.
- Work in special tutor groups organized at schools.
- Teach basic English to primary and secondary school kids.
- Improve their conversational skills by given the kids confidence and overcome their fears
- Share with them cultural and experiential learning.
- Organize and develop projects that kids can work on to help and interact with their own community and families.
- Language Abilities: English speaker (intermediate to advanced) – Spanish speaker (beginner to intermediate).
- Age: Over 18 years old.
- Mentality: Open minded. Autonomous. Ability to work with children.
- A police background check will be required from the applicant’s country, to secure the applicants eligibility to work with children.
- Safety: Preferable experience living in a big city.
- Time of year: All year round. (Generally classes go from March to December – Teaching at summer school and/or summer courses may be possible checking well in advance).
This post is also available in: Spanish