OUR MISSION: We work hand in hand with local communities and program participants to provide cultural and environmental awareness through educational and service learning experiences that leave a positive impact on each person involved.
OUR VISION: We strive to create globally conscious citizens in Latin America and abroad.
- Ensure the type and scale of our programs are appropriate for our local host communities and participants, and we operate within their limits.
- Work with partners and suppliers that share our philosophy on responsible business practices and do not harm the communities in which we work.
- Take economic, environmental and cultural factors into account when considering new destinations. We also strive to minimize our impact on the environment during our programs by using providers that are environmentally responsible.
- Actively work with our participants before, during and after their program to ensure they have a positive experience.
2. Cultural Sensitivity
- Ensure our participants act responsibly and respect the local community they are visiting.
- Encourage mutual respect for cultural differences and traditions.
- Create opportunities for positive interactions between a local community and participant groups to ensure there is an exchange of culture and education for both groups.
- Choose Group Leaders with appropriate experience and skills for each program, and train them to lead programs according to the Voluntary Horizons methodology.
- Conduct a Risk Analysis to evaluate each program and take actions to mitigate any potential risks involved.
- Train Group Leaders on evacuation routes, first aid and other safety measures to ensure group safety at all times.
- Offer 24/7 support to our participants throughout the program through our Group Leaders and through our home office in Santiago.
This post is also available in: Spanish