Looking for a unique, outdoor experience for your team that inspires individual development and team building while also giving something back to a local community or to the environment?
Voluntary Horizons offers a range of volunteering opportunities in conservation work and community engagement activities. We match corporate groups with volunteer opportunities, providing an exciting variety of customized volunteer opportunities for companies and associations looking for meaningful team-building activities.
At Voluntary Horizons we aim to bridge the gaps that exist between HR / Learning & Development training and Corporate Social Responsibility. We work together with NGOs and local project partners to develop projects that will help a local community and/or the environment. By bringing a team together from your organization to participate in one of our projects your team will participate in a program to enhance teambuilding, leadership, staff training or perhaps just as a change to the typical corporate outing.
Interactive corporate Volunteering programs
All programs are focused, with an emphasis on conservation and social responsibility, designed to instil individual confidence, leadership skills and team togetherness, whilst giving your organisation the opportunity to invest in a worthwhile cause.
Volunteer Days – A Team Outing
Instead of the typical corporate outing, do something that will give back to the community and build teamwork and create stronger bonds with your co-workers.
If your staff are spending a day out of the office, why not use the time to strengthen your team dynamic whilst also making an important contribution to the community.
Team Building through Community Projects
…is a great option for organizations seeking team-building activities and opportunities to involve their employees or group members in a community service project.
Projects can be organised for teams of almost any size – depending of course on where and when you want to carry out your event.
Each project is tailored to meet your company needs, but will be a ‘live’ project that will really benefit the local community taking part. These projects are delivered to a suitable team building format and typically contain three separate elements as follows:
- 1-2 weeks before the project date and sent to client
- Full Community information
- Detailed project information
- All liaison with selected Community/ Project partner
- Usually 1 or 2 days in length
- Practical project with selected Community/ Project partner
- Project design and set up
- Project materials, tools, equipment etc
- Training facilitation based on a ration of 1:10 or 1:20 depending on project
- Project partner staff in attendance
1-3 weeks after completion of the project and sent to the client
- General feedback from facilitators and the Community / Project partner
- Reflection and learning templates
Individuals taking part will benefit by:
- Exploring team dynamics
- Developing a fresh approach to problem solving
- Improves communication between employees and supervisors
- Enhancing self development
- Increasing motivation and company loyalty
- Improving performance
- Encourages teamwork
- Promotes leadership & skill development
- Being an active citizen
Benefits to the Community
- It will help to bring community needs into focus
- Creates social impact
- Provides skilled and talented volunteers
- Supports through labor and materials.
Corporate Social Responsibility – CSR
CSR is increasingly part of core business strategy, where companies are recognising the genuine bottom line benefits for their shareholders that closer links with the community can deliver.
VH corporate volunteering programs include a variety of social and environmental activities, often depending on the time of year and specific community or conservation requirements. Take a look at some of the corporate activities and projects on offer: Group Projects VH corporate volunteering programs provide:
- Organised teambuilding activities, competitions and challenges, led and coordinated by experienced staff
- Long term sponsorship projects, allowing your company to preserve your own piece of Chilean heritage
- Tailored programs to meet specific corporate development needs
- On site facilities for lunches, meetings, functions and debriefings
Prices vary depending on the number of participants, the activities involved, the level of support required by VH staff, and other specific requirements. If you’re interested in knowing more, please contact us…